The whole family is at Jay & Gloria's for Alex's graduation party, except for Phil who ingeniously figured out a way to be there via Skype and a robotic vessel after being unexpectedly detained in Seattle on a business trip. During the celebration, Jay frets about Gloria's cousin who has overstayed his welcome; Claire stresses out about giving Alex the perfect gift; Mitch hides news of being laid off from Cam, and Andy's girlfriend Beth is in town stirring up a whole lot tension with Haley which finally leads to a realization that may have come too late.
- Andy's twelfth appearance (The Help, A Fair to Remember, And One to Grow On,Other People's Children, The Wedding (Part 1), The Wedding (Part 2), The Cold,Queer Eyes, Full Hearts, Rash Decisions, Closet? You'll Love It! and Grill, Interrupted).
- Beth's second appearance (Closet? You'll Love It!).
- Though Skype was used a lot on the show, this is the first time that Phil used it in order to keep in touch with his relatives.
- Phil is separated from this family in this episode, while in Connection Lost, it was Claire who was in airport and had to use FaceTime in order to speak to her family.
- The title of this episode is a reference to the movie  American Sniper.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.