The whole family is at Jay and Gloria's for Alex's graduation party, except for Phil who ingeniously figured out a way to be there via Skype and a robotic vessel after being unexpectedly detained in Seattle on a business trip. During the celebration, Jay frets about Gloria's cousin who has overstayed his welcome; Claire stresses out about giving Alex the perfect gift; Mitch hides news of being laid off from Cam, and Andy's girlfriend Beth is in town stirring up a whole lot tension with Haley which finally leads to a realization that may have come too late.
- Andy's twelfth appearance.
- Beth's second appearance ("Closet? You'll Love It!").
- Though Skype was used a lot on the show, this is the first time that Phil used it in order to keep in touch with his relatives.
- The title of the episode is a reference to the film American Sniper.
- This episode could lead at Haley and Andy's relationship
- This could be the last episode of the season
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.