The whole family is at Jay and Gloria's for Alex's graduation party, except for Phil who ingeniously figured out a way to be there via Skype and a robotic vessel after being unexpectedly detained in Seattle on a business trip. During the celebration, Jay frets about Gloria's cousin who has overstayed his welcome; Claire stresses out about giving Alex the perfect gift; Mitch hides news of being laid off from Cam, and Andy's girlfriend Beth is in town stirring up a whole lot tension with Haley which finally leads to a realization that may have come too late.
- Adam DeVine as Andy Bailey
- Laura Ashley Samuels as Beth
- Lou Beatty Jr as Spencer
- Horatio Sanz as Armando
- Andy's twelfth appearance.
- Beth's second appearance ("Closet? You'll Love It!").
- Mitchell's fear of birds is seen again after Family Portrait, although he gets over it.
- This is the third episode after Truth Be Told and The Big Game in which Mitchell loses his job, though each time it's for a different reason.
- Though Skype was used a lot on the show, this is the first time that Phil used it in order to keep in touch with his relatives.
- Lilly has only one line in this episode, while Armando (Gloria's cousin) has no dialogue.
- The title of the episode is a reference to the film American Sniper.
- The robot Phil uses to communicate with the rest of the family while he is in Seattle is similar to the ones Sheldon Cooper used on The Big BangTheory episode, The Cruciferous Vegetable Amplification and by convicts in the Community episode, Laws of Robotics & Party Rights.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.