Claire has landed an interview for her dream job and is thwarted on her way to the interview by Phil's tricky staircase. Meanwhile, Cam and Mitch debate the pros and cons of adopting another baby after unexpectedly receiving a call from their adoption agency. 
Mitch and Cam are trying to decide if they should accept the opportunity to adopt another baby. Lily encourages them, but reminds them they'll both be seniors by the time the kid enters high school. The two decide to go and speak to Gloria who is selling a house. While there, the two fall in love with the house and realise they have enough money to buy it. The two fret about if they should accept the baby and the house and decide to turn both down as things are stable as they are, but at the last second they decide to adopt the baby and buy the new house.
Claire has landed an interview for her dream job, and organises her office so she looks professional for the webcam interview. However she come a cropper when she falls through the faulty step that Phil was trying to fix. With her leg wedged between pipes, she is forced to conduct the interview there and has her shelves propped up behind her help up by Jay and Phil. Naturally this goes completely wrong thanks to Jay's sneezing fits and baby George learning to walk while upstairs and it's only a matter of time before everything falls apart.
Alex is sent to a recruitment fair at CalTech since she's a successful graduate, and Haley tags along hoping to sell the Nerp brand while there. However Alex finds herself ostracized since she's working for a giant unethical corporation and called named by the students. She runs into her ex-professor (and Haley's ex-boyfriend) Arvin who gives her a little sympathy but also tells her that someone of her genius should be doing ground-breaking work instead of wasting her talents doing the pointless tasks her current company is doing. He offers her a chance to join his new research team who are doing experimental research, and Alex decides to accept.
(The characters struck out do not appear in this episode)
- Jay Pritchett
- Gloria Pritchett
Manny Delgado Joe Pritchett
- Claire Dunphy
- Phil Dunphy
- Haley Dunphy (Haley Marshall)
- Alex Dunphy
- Luke Dunphy
- Mitchell Pritchett
- Cameron Tucker
- Lily-Tucker Pritchett
- Dylan Marshall
- Chris Geere as Arvin Fennerman
- Jacob Zelonky as Student
- Victoria Grace as Student
- Wendie Malick as Miss Beckman
- Mike Lane as Delivery man
- Manny and Joe don't appear in this episode.
- Margaret is mentioned.
- Jay and Gloria are never together in this episode, nor in their home, even for interview scenes.
- This episode aired on the day California went into Lockdown during the Covid-19 pandemic 
- The fourth episode to have Baby in the title after Baby on Board, Bringing Up Baby and SuperShowerBabyBowl.
- Arvin Finnerman's eight appearance after In Your Head,Written in the Stars,Royal Visit,The Escape,I Love a Parade,Kiss and Tell and Torn Between Two Lovers.
- Cam also sleepwalked in After the Fire, Claire also got interviewed in Snapped and Australia showed Phil's allergy.
- The step was a big problem in the first season.
- Phil says that "A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinion of sheep" - the quote seems to originate with Vernon Howard.
- Concern about facial recognition technology being used by oppressive regimes is referenced.
- Jay refers to his "Brett Favre" jeans; Favre advertised Wranglers for many years
- Claire claims that failure to observe her OCD rituals caused George Michael's 2016 death
- Cam imagines himself as Reba McEntire and sings "Wildwood Flower"
- The AV club gave it a "B".