Claire has landed an interview for her dream job and is thwarted on her way to the interview by Phil's tricky staircase. Meanwhile, Cam and Mitch debate the pros and cons of adopting another baby after unexpectedly receiving a call from their adoption agency. 
As Mitch and Cam are still thinking about their adoption, they ask help from Lilly but are unsuccessful. So, they visit Gloria who tries to sell a house and convinces them both to buy it and to adopt.
Meanwhile, as Claire lands for her interview job, she accidentally gets stuck in two steps. Although Jay, Phil, Luke and even Dylan try to help, Phil reveals to them that he grows mushrooms and asks Jay to taste it, which he reluctantly agrees. And Jay likes it, but developps a severe allergy which compromises Claire's interview. Claire finally gets the job and the steps are fixed.
And, Haley and Alex go to a professional fair, because they both recruit for their companies. Alex gets constantly blamed by students because they find her enterprise lame and Arvin, who attends the convention, does not comfort her at all, but changes his mind and offers her a job which she accepts.
The post credit scene shows a delivery man who seems to know Mitch and Cam, but also gets confused as Cam took too much sleeping pills and believes he is a diva who ordered snacks.
(The characters struck out do not appear in this episode)
- Jay Pritchett
- Gloria Pritchett
- Claire Dunphy
- Phil Dunphy
- Haley Dunphy (Haley Marshall)
- Alex Dunphy
- Luke Dunphy
- Mitchell Pritchett
- Cameron Tucker
- Lilly-Tucker Pritchett
- Dylan Marshall
- Chris Geere as Arvin Fennerman
- Jacob Zelonky as Student
- Victoria Grace as Student
- Wendie Malick as Miss Beckman
- Mike Lane as Delivery man
- Manny and Joe don't appear in this episode.
- Margaret is mentioned.
- Jay and Gloria are never together in this episode, nor in their home, even for interview scenes.
- The fourth episode to have Baby in the title after Baby on Board, Bringing Up Baby and SuperShowerBabyBowl.
- Arvin Finnerman's eight appearance after In Your Head,Written in the Stars,Royal Visit,The Escape,I Love a Parade,Kiss and Tell and Torn Between Two Lovers.
- Cam also sleepwalked in After the Fire, Claire also got interviewed in Snapped and Australia showed Phil's allergy.
- The step was a big problem in the first season.
- Phil says that "A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinion of sheep" - the quote seems to originate with Vernon Howard.
- Concern about facial recognition technology being used by oppressive regimes is referenced.
- Jay refers to his "Brett Favre" jeans; Favre advertised Wranglers for many years
- Claire claims that failure to observe her OCD rituals caused George Michael's 2016 death
- Cam imagines himself as Reba McEntire and sings "Wildwood Flower"
- The AV club gave it a "B".