In part 1 of the series finale, Mitchell and Cam settle in on their new normal, and Phil and Claire decide that one of the kids needs to move out in order to take control of the house again. Meanwhile, as Gloria becomes more successful at work, she notices Jay, Manny and Joe don't seem to need her as much.
In part 2 of the series finale, the entire family discovers saying goodbye is much harder than it seems.
(The characters struck out do not appear in this episode)
- Jay Pritchett
- Gloria Pritchett
- Manny Delgado
- Joe Pritchett
- Claire Dunphy
- Phil Dunphy
- Haley Dunphy (Haley Marshall)
- Alex Dunphy
- Luke Dunphy
- Mitchell Pritchett
- Cameron Tucker
- Lilly-Tucker Pritchett
- Dylan Marshall
- Elizabeth Banks as Sal
- Chris Geere as Arvin
- Christian Barillas as Ronaldo
- Matthew Risch as Jotham
- Rory O'Malley as Ptolemy
- Rodrigo Rojas as Stefan
- Charlie Trainer as Charlie
- This episode will mark the finale appearance of Jay, Gloria, Claire, Phil, Mitchell, Cameron, Haley, Alex, Luke, Manny, Lilly, Joe and Dylan.
- Also, last appearance for Sal, Jotham, Ptolemy, Arvin, Ronaldo and Stefan.
- The six first characters mentioned above appeared in every episode, even if they had a few scenes. But with the exception of Lilly and Joe, every other character appeared in both the first and the last episode, and in every season, at least.
- Dylan and Joe are the only characters not to have starred in at least in 100 episodes.