So much can happen to the Pritchett-Dunphy-Tucker clan in five minutes! Mitch and Cam have five minutes to catch a new flight while fighting the effects of exotic sleeping pills they took prematurely. At Rainer's birthday dinner, Haley and Rainer are forced to reevaluate their relationship in the five minutes before the birthday cake arrives. Meanwhile, Phil and Claire pay a surprise visit to Alex and are given a five-minute surprise introduction to her new boyfriend. Elsewhere, with only five minutes to go before their movie starts, Manny has to find the perfect parking space and endure Jay and Gloria's backseat argument.
Mitchell and Cameron prematurely take strong sleeping pills for a flight and have to battle its hallucinogenic effects while they struggle to catch a new flight to their destination. They only regain their senses long after they’ve landed at their destination, and are horrified by the decisions they made while high.
Manny has decided to take Jay and Gloria to theater. While searching for a good space, he can't stand a petty argument between them.
Meanwhile, Phil and Claire visit Alex at Caltech, and discover that she is in a relationship with Ben. Ben also admits that he kissed Claire once after misreading her actions.
Haley and Rainer break up when Haley realizes that Rainer's predictions of the future are not always true.
(The characters striked out do not appear in this episode)
- Jay Pritchett
- Gloria Pritchett
- Manny Delgado
- Claire Dunphy
- Phil Dunphy
- Haley Dunphy
- Alex Dunphy
- Mitchell Pritchett
- Cameron Tucker
- Nathan Fillion as Rainer Shine
- Joe Mande as Ben
- Carmella Riley as Gate Attendant #1
- Spencer Ward as College Student
- Sofia Gonzalez as Waitress
- Shannon Joy Rodgers as Gate Attendant #2
- Julius Thomas III as Cart Driver
- Daniel Acker as Hat Store Guy
- Luke, Lily, and Joe do not appear in this episode.
- This episode is unusual in that, with the exception of the teaser and the end credits scene, the four storylines each take place in real time and is presented unbroken by other scenes.
- There are no interview scenes in this episode.
- The episode takes place away from the three main households. As there are also no interview scenes, this episode is the first in which none of the households appear whatsoever.
- The last episode in which the Nerd Guy appears.