Frank Dunphy's Roaring 20s-themed wedding day is finally here, and to get into the spirit, Phil gets the Dunphy clan to show up in costume. Once Claire and the kids realize they are the only ones dressed-up, they feel it’s time for a "funny" intervention with Phil. Meanwhile, Jay has mastered the art of saying no, but soon realizes that if you say no too many times, people stop asking; and Cam is in for a big surprise when he finally stops hiding behind Mitchell and stands up to his sister Pam.
Phil takes Claire and the kids to his father's wedding. When they are the only dressed-up, Phil becomes ostracized by his own relatives. His personnality changes and he decides to be more serious, but Lorraine convinces Claire that Frank proposed to her and she said yes only because of his fun side. Both women and the kids manage to get Phil back to his old self by making a prank during the wedding.
Meanwhile, Jay is continually asked for several favours and denies them all. Alas, nobody wants to speak to him again, even refusing to practice activities with him.
Pam stays at Cam's place again but Cam uses Mitchell as a shield which gets on his nerves.
Pam finally gives birth to her son. Jay, Gloria, Manny, and Joe give Pam a present, a cradle.
(The characters striked out do not appear in this episode)
- Jay Pritchett
- Gloria Pritchett
- Manny Delgado
- Joe Pritchett
- Claire Dunphy
- Phil Dunphy
- Haley Dunphy
- Alex Dunphy
- Luke Dunphy
- Mitchell Pritchett
- Cameron Tucker
- Lily Tucker-Pritchett
- Fred Willard as Frank Dunphy
- Dana Powell as Pam Tucker
- Faith Prince as Lorraine
- John Gemberling as Ray
- Shakira Ja'nai Paye as Kimmy
- Christy Stratton as Glenda
- Stephen Lloyd as Terry
- Frank Dunphy marries Lorraine, Phil's ex-babysitter, who we saw in "Ringmaster Keifth". Ray from Finding Fizbo also returns. Lorraine and Ray appear for the last time.
- Pam Tucker makes a 6th appearance.
- The fact that Jay has to say no to everything is reversed with Claire in Yes-Woman which is also a 19th episode.
- The wedding is Roaring Twenties themed.
- Cam and Mitch go as Leo and the bear from The Revenant
- Phil's quote "If love is not all, then it is nothing..." is from Salman Rushdie's The Moor's Last Sigh