Mitch and Cam help Lily overcome her insecurities about wearing a bathing suit to a pool party but discover their own. Meanwhile, now that Gloria's new internship is taking up so much of her time, Jay is feeling particularly neglected.
Mitch and Cam learn that Lily fears to go to a party and agree to take her but discover that is actually a gay party and fear for their own insecurities. They hide in a sport room with other men until Lilly forces them to show up to other people, which they do, accepting their aging.
Meanwhile, Gloria and Phil learn that their sale's advertising had been stolen while they tried to sell a house. Phil unsuccessfully tries to find the culprit, but it turns out to be Jay who actually felt neglected because Gloria wasn't at home and he got an accomplice, Sam, the owner's son who didn't want to move out. Phil offers the job to Gloria. And Claire tries to show her daughters that she can be both a mom and a careerwoman only to gets bitten by her own snake because of an error.
(The characters struck out do not appear in this episode)
- Jay Pritchett
- Gloria Pritchett
- Manny Delgado
- Joe Pritchett
- Claire Dunphy
- Phil Dunphy
- Haley Dunphy (Haley Marshall)
- Alex Dunphy
- Mitchell Pritchett
- Cameron Tucker
- Lily Tucker-Pritchett
- Rob Riggle as Gil Thorpe
- Christian Barillas as Ronaldo
- Kevin Daniels as Longines
- Marsha Kramer as Margaret
- Sam Lloyd as Bobby
- Josh Pins as Evan
- Julia Fowler as Madge
- Dominic Burgess as Nate
- Kasey Mahaffy as Dom
- Rahnuma Panthaky as Josie
- Elaine Madelyne Kim as Roselyne
- Hunter J Mitchell as Sam
- Maggie Gwin as Lindsay
- Edith Fields as Neighbor
- Daniela Bobadilla as Trish
- Kevin Bernson as Raymond
- Christopher Wolfe as Barber
- Luke and Dylan do not appear in this episode, making the first time that Reid Ewing is credited even if he does not appear at all.
- The penguin Alex faces appears to be an African penguin (Spheniscus demersus), which do not live in Antarctica.
- This episode aired exactly six years after The Late Show.
- The second episode to feature "Party" in the title, after The Party
- A pool has been featured in Coal Digger The One That Got Away,Little Bo Bleep, Marco Polo ,Queer Eyes, Full Hearts,Closet? You'll Love It!,Ringmaster Keifth,Brushes with Celebrity,Kiss and Tell and Red Alert
- Longinus'11th episode (Dance Dance Revelation,Boys' Night,Go Bullfrogs!,Snip,The Wedding (Part 1),The Wedding (Part 2),Fight or Flight,Patriot Games,I Don't Know How She Does It and Spanks for the Memories)
- Margaret's 11th episode (First Days,The Verdict,Promposal,A Stereotypical Day,Do You Believe in Magic,It's the Great Pumpkin, Phil Dunphy,Tough Love,No Small Feet,In Your Head and Clash of Swords)
- Ronaldo's 12th episode (The Help,The Wedding (Part 1),The Wedding (Part 2),Fight or Flight,I Don't Know How She Does It,We Need to Talk about Lily and Sex, Lies & Kickball)
- Gil Thorpe's eight appearance after Flip Flop, Career Day,The Feud,The Day We Almost Died,Do It Yourself, Catch of the Day and Kids These Days
- Also, Sam Lloyd is the fifth actor to play different roles in different episodes as he was previously Lester in Marco Polo. Others were
- Raymond returns from The Verdict which also was an episode in which Claire tried to give a lesson to her daughter.
- The Dunphy House only appears in short scenes.
- Both Dom and Josie return for this episode. Dom appeared in She Crazy, The Verdict, A Stereotypical Day, and he appeared with Josie in The Alliance,Heavy is the Head,It's the Great Pumpkin, Phil Dunphy and No Small Feet.
- Cam shows Lily Golden Girls to work on her sass
- Cam names Naomi Campbell and Christy Turlington
- Phil says "Son of a Preacher Man!" as a swear
- Claire sings "She Works Hard for the Money"
- Cam said that Scarlett Johannson could play Lily, a reference to Johannson's infamous statement about playing Asian or trans women.
- Phil compares himself to Celie from The Color Purple
- Cam hasn't felt this white since he loved Green Book
- Jay sent "🍆🍑", apparently unaware of its sexual meaning
- GLoria mentions "racist lawn statues," probably a reference to lawn jockeys.
- Jay calls AA an "alcoholic cult."
- Cam's friend danced on a Paula Abdul tour, probably a reference to the Under My Spell Tour (1991-92)
- Lizzo's "Boys" plays at the end
- The A.V. Club gave it a "B".