Modern Family was renewed for an 8th Season, which was announced on the 3rd of March, 2016. It is unknown about the episodes and the cast or the storylines. Jesse Tyler Ferguson, the actor who plays Mitchell, posted an Instagram photo  stating that there will be a Season 8.
Cast and Characters
- Ed O'Neill as Jay Pritchett
- Sofía Vergara as Gloria Pritchett
- Julie Bowen as Claire Dunphy
- Ty Burrell as Phil Dunphy
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Mitchell Pritchett
- Eric Stonestreet as Cameron Tucker
- Sarah Hyland as Haley Dunphy
- Ariel Winter as Alex Dunphy
- Nolan Gould as Luke Dunphy
- Rico Rodriguez II as Manny Delgado
- Aubrey Anderson-Emmons as Lily Tucker-Pritchett
- Jeremy Maguire as Joe Pritchett
Please: Assign Characters here when they have been in 3 or more episodes.
Please: Assign Characters here when they have been in less than 3 episodes.
- An 8th Season was announced on March 3rd, 2016. 
- ABC has confirmed a release date for Season 8 of Modern Family, September 21, 2016.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson, the actor who plays Mitchell, posted an Instagram photo stating that there will be a Season 8. 
- Phil may start to take a stand as he felt like Claire does too much in the last few episodes of Season 7. 
- Steven Levitan, co-creator of the show stated "I think my personal goal at this point would be 10 seasons. I don't know if it's attainable or not. I think we'll have to look at it every year, and if we feel like we're just running out of things to say then it will be time to make that tough call." when asked about multiple Seasons. 
- At the 2016 TCA press tour, Steven Levitan has announced two new characters will be appearing in season 8: Nathan Fillion in multiple episodes as Rainer Shine and Martin Short in the second episode as Merv Schechter. 
- The Premiere episode is entitled "A Tale of Three Cities". 
|Image||Title||Writers||Director||Airdate||No. in Season||No. in Series|
|No Image Availble||"A Tale of Three Cities" ||Elaine Ko ||Chris Koch ||September 21, 2016 ||01||167|
|After recent trips take the Dunphys to New York; the Tucker-Pritchetts to the Midwest; and Jay and his clan to Juarez, Mexico; the entire family reunites for Father's Day. |
|No Image Available||"A Stereotypical Day"||Vali Chandrasekaran ||Ryan Case ||September 28, 2016 ||02||168|
|Jay wants to make a good impression on a family moving in across the street; Manny tries to attract a radical thinker; the Pritchett family uses Alex's bout of mono to their advantage; Cam and Mitchell try to teach Lily a message of acceptance.|
|No Image Available||"Blindsided" ||Christy Stratton & Danny Zuker ||Jim Hensz ||October 5, 2016 ||03||169|
|The Dunphys and Pritchett's are going head-to-head when Luke decides his best chance at getting into college is running for senior class president against Manny; Phil insists on introducing Haley to marketing guru Merv Schechter. |
✓ = Appears | X = Absent.
|Episode (This Season)|
The viewing rates are the amount of people viewing the episodes (U.S.A).
|01||"A Tale of Three Cities"||8.16 million|
The Pritchett Family
The Dunphy Family
The Tucker-Pritchett Family
- ↑ Jesse Tyler Ferguson confirms an 8th Season, via his Instagram Account (Photo)
- ↑ Jesse Tyler Ferguson, the actor who plays Mitchell, announced in an Instagram photo that there would be a Season 8
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/BFjiKyuQElv/?taken-by=jessetyler&hl=en
- ↑ Phil will start to take a stand against his family in Season 8
- ↑ http://deadline.com/2016/05/modern-family-on-set-sofia-vergara-ed-oneill-1201751179/
- ↑ Steven Levitan says Nathan Fillion and Martin Short will be appearing as new characters Rainer Shine and Merv Schechter.
- ↑ The Futon Critic released the title and plot for the premiere episode of Season 8
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 Season 8 Episode 1 - "A Tale of Three Cities" [via abc, IMDB & Futon Critic]
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4 Season 8 Episode 2 - "A Stereotypical Day" [via abc, IMDB & The Futon Critic]
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 10.4 Season 8 Episode 3 - "Blindsided" [via abc, IMDB & The Futon Critic]