It's going to be a Thanksgiving jamboree at the Pritchett-Tucker home this year, and Cameron has spared no expense. While Phil tries to get used to Rainer Shine dating his daughter, Haley has to break it to her dad that she would rather spend the rest of her holiday with her new boyfriend than staying for the traditional family football game. Meanwhile, Jay has to figure out a way to keep his blood pressure down on one of the most stressful days of the year, as Gloria tries to show Joe that animals are our friends. Finally, Alex and Dwight get to know each other a little better than her Uncle Cam would like, while Mitchell has to stop clowning around and tell Cam the truth. 
The whole family is gathered at Mitch and Cam's place for Thanksgiving.
Mitchell and Claire have a brother sister discussion in which Mitchell admits he threw away Cam's Fizbo costume. But he later learns that Cam used all their saving money to create the perfect Thanksgiving while they planned to travel to Hawaï with it.
Also, Phil and Cam barely accept the fact that Haley and Alex are in relationship with Rainer and Dwight respectively. It goes so far for Phil that he even tackles Rainer during the football annual family game.
As for Jay, he suffers from high pressure and has to pay attention for his health. He, Phil and neighbor Jerry whom the Dunphy brought at Mitch and Cam because he had nobody to spend Thanksgiving, with, go to a pharmacy when they meet a lawyer who was Jay's and Jerry's ex wives. The lawyer has an heart attack and Jay try to revive him.
Luke admits his new position took over his head when Manny saves him from an accident while Gloria's tentative to show Joe the animals good side is brutally stopped.
(The characters striked out do not appear in this episode)
- Jay Pritchett
- Gloria Pritchett
- Manny Delgado
- Joe Pritchett
- Claire Dunphy
- Phil Dunphy
- Haley Dunphy
- Alex Dunphy
- Luke Dunphy
- Mitchell Pritchett
- Cameron Tucker
- Lily Tucker-Pritchett
- Nathan Fillion as Rainer Shine
- Matt Besser as Jerry
- Winston Duke as Dwight
- Jerry Lambert as Lawyer
- Ashwin Gore as Employee
- The episode is dedicated to Delores Levitan (1930-2016).
- This episode was broadcasted exactly five years after After the Fire.
- Fourth Thanksgiving episode, after "Punkin Chunkin" (2011), "Three Turkeys" (2014) and "Phil's Sexy, Sexy House" (2015).
- Luke is student council president after winning the election in "Blindsided."
- Jay sings Seals and Crofts' "Summer Breeze"
- Jay is compared to Flavor Flav for his wrist-mounted monitor; Flavor Flav is noted for wearing a large clock around his neck