- Tyne Daly as Mrs. Plank
- Steve Zahn as Ronnie LaFontaine
- Andrea Anders as Amber LaFontaine
- Ben Lawson as George
- Fiona Gubelmann as Lisa
- Matt Besser as Jerry
- Jon Polito as Earl Chambers
- Brooke Sorenson as Tammy LaFontaine
- Finneas O'Connell as Ronnie LaFontaine, Jr.
- Cheyn Cole as Sophie
- Raegan Revord as Megan
- Jerry reappears from his very last appearance, "Halloween".
- Claire mentions that she scared an adult, which was previously mentioned in "Open House of Horrors".
- Phil remembers Claire's friend Juliette when reminded that she is black. His attraction to black women appeared previously in a line in "Hit and Run": "I'll admit it. I'm turned on by powerful women. Michelle Obama, Oprah, Condoleezza Rice, Serena Williams... wait a minute...".
- Fineas O' Connell's second appearance after Best Men, where he portrayed a musician who had a crush on Alex.
- This episode begins on a sunday, according to Phil.
- This is Earl Chambers's first appearance, but in Australia his name was Earl Norton.
- Earl believes that Jay ignores Mitchell's sexuality and says that he is at least 40. In real life, Jesse Tyler Ferguson turned 39 the day this episode was aired and both he and Jon Polito (who plays Earl) are gay.
- Gloria mentions "burying the machete", apparently a Colombian version of "burying the hatchet".
- Claire calls Jerry "Reefer Madness", a reference to the infamous anti-majuan film.
- Jay and Earl sold closets to Larry Hagman, while Earl later got a guest role on Dallas.
- Mrs Plank calls Mitch and Cam "Mary Ann and Ginger", a reference to Gilligan's Island.